|Home > East Asia >
Joint Statement Regarding the 'Organ Harvesting Investigation' Report
Gao Zhisheng et al., Special to The Epoch Times
On July 6, 2006, international human rights lawyer Mr. David Matas and former Member of Parliament Mr. David Kilgour released their investigative report on the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)'s live organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners. Though we had been aware of the CCP's crimes in this area beforehand and had considerable mental preparation for the extent of the bloodiness and brutality that might be touched upon in this report, we are still deeply shocked and grieved when we are faced with this report. In order to express our concern and support for those fellow Chinese who have suffered such atrocity, and protest the CCP's crimes against humanity as mentioned in this report, we, Lin Mu, Sun Wenguang, Gao Zhisheng, Jiao Guobiao, Zhang Jiankang, and Yang Zaixin hereby make the following statement:
1. This is the first investigative report on the CCP's illegal persecution of Falun Gong done outside of China since the persecution started in 1999. This is also the first independent investigation record into the CCP's long-term crimes against humanity in this aspect in the entire world.
2. The two investigators' independent status, consistent good reputations, and professional specialties guarantee the objectiveness and justness of this investigative report.
3. In its "Conclusions" part, the report states, "Each portion of the evidence we have considered is, in itself, verifiable and, in most cases, incontestable. Put together, they paint a damning whole picture. It is their combination that has convinced us." Such meticulousness and prudence of the investigative procedure ensure the objectiveness and justness of the results.
4. We support the two investigators' conclusion that "the government of China and its agencies in numerous parts of the country, in particular hospitals but also detention centers and 'people's courts', since 1999 have put to death a large but unknown number of Falun Gong prisoners of conscience. Their vital organs, including hearts, kidneys, livers and corneas, were virtually simultaneously seized involuntarily for sale at high prices, sometimes to foreigners."
5. Therefore, we again urge the international community to break away as soon as possible from the current state of indifference and numbness regarding the CCP's enduring atrocities against humanity. Such indifference and numbness have lasted for so long that they will inevitably bring shame to the human race. What the report has revealed is the CCP's on-going horrible crimes which arbitrarily trample on human civilization, ethics and human lives. Every fact revealed in this report accuses the CCP of committing the crimes against humanity and the crimes of genocide. The investigation and the report reflect the value of the law of nations, and the principle of safeguarding common justice of mankind. We therefore call upon the international community to set up an international court similar to the one for trying the Yugoslavian war criminals, and launch a special criminal investigation into the CCP's crimes against humanity and the crime of genocide. We also place our hopes in these two investigators to continue to carry on their irreplaceable role in this aspect. Actions should be taken immediately. As the report indicates, such crimes are escalating each day, so any excuse or action in delaying the investigation and trial would be another crime against humanity.
6. We urgently call upon those inside the CCP's leadership who still have conscience and who have not been involved in this crime, to use everything in their power to help end the misery China is now suffering. We call upon these people either to bravely step forward to testify, or to play a positive role in private to help the investigation. At least do not become an accomplice to the criminals for covering up their crimes. Please use all possible means to protect evidences and do what a real Chinese should do.
Mr. David Matas pointed out that the CCP is committing "a form of evil we have yet to see on this planet." But the evil Mr. Matas has seen is only the tip of the iceberg. Humans have to stand up against the CCP regime right here right now, or else such evil "we have yet to see" would never cease. We also appeal to the two investigators, who have already discovered some of the truths, to bravely take the lead in further spreading the truths to the international community, so as to wash clean humanity's shameful record in this time period. We will forever remember the names of these two investigators, just like all the Chinese will, and so will the whole human race of our time and in the future.
Cosigners: Lin Mu, Sun Wenguang, Gao Zhisheng, Jiao Guobiao, Zhang Jiankang, Yang Zaixin
July 7, 2006 in Beijing (Organized based on voice recording)
|© Copyright 2002-2007 AFAR|