|Home > East Asia >
FDI: Falun Gong Responds to U.S. Investigation Findings of Chinese Concentration Camp
Falun Dafa Information Center
Falun Gong Investigator: "We're going to China to investigate this ourselves... we know where to look."
NEW YORK (Falun Dafa Information Center) - At a press briefing in Washington, D.C. yesterday, US State Department spokesperson Sean McCormack said that US investigators had found no evidence of wrongdoing while visiting a facility in the Sujiatun district of Shenyang in northeast China - a facility witnesses say held as many as 6,000 Falun Gong practitioners and killed thousands for their organs.
Mr. John Jaw, the president of the newly-formed Committee to Investigate Genocide of Falun Gong in China (IGFG) says he's not surprised with the results. "For more than two weeks we've had credible information from multiple sources that Chinese authorities had already destroyed all evidence at Sujiatun," says Jaw. "They had even flooded the Sujiatun area with plain-clothes policemen to pose as vendors, local residents and such to mislead any investigators or media that visit the facility."
While Jaw acknowledges investigating human rights abuses is China is made very difficult by the Chinese communist regime, he says IGFG is poised to find some real answers. "We're going to China to investigate this ourselves," says Jaw, "we know where to look."
Falun Gong Investigators Poised to Enter China
IGFG is a coalition of media and non-profit organizations with extensive experience uncovering details of human rights abuses in China. Leading the coalition is the Falun Dafa Association and the MingHui website. MingHui receives over 500 daily communications from throughout China - perhaps more than any other organization in the world. Since it first went online in 1999, MingHui has developed an unprecedented ability to collect eye-witness accounts from China, verify their contents and even safely arrange meetings inside China between Falun Gong practitioners and human rights workers.
Dr. Sherry Zhang, a spokesperson for IGFG says they plan on putting the extensive knowledge and techniques developed by MingHui and other Committee members to work on the ground in China. "On Monday, Committee investigators from all over the world are going to apply for visas to China," says Zhang. "We have specific information on labor and concentration camps throughout China. We know where the atrocities are taking place, and in many cases we have detailed accounts of the atrocities happening there."
"If the leadership of the Chinese communist regime is at all sincere about investigating these atrocities," adds Zhang, "it will allow us into the country and guarantee our safety."
Zhang says Sujiatun was a setup, and one that IGFG workers will not fall into. "We're going to cover camps throughout China," she says, "not just a single facility where Chinese authorities had a full month to destroy evidence."
Reports Indicate Mass Killings behind Cover-up at Sujiatun and Elsewhere
Over the past two weeks, the Falun Dafa Information Center issued three separate releases citing credible information from multiple sources that harvesting organs from Falun Gong practitioners had reached a feverish pitch, as Chinese authorities work overtime to eliminate evidence of atrocities at many locations while also cashing in on organs from Falun Gong practitioners before mounting international pressure forces the illicit practice underground.
According to the Sound of Hope radio network, reporters who called doctors at a number of Chinese hospitals were told patients who wanted a transplant must come in "right away."
"We should have a lot of organs before the end of April," one doctor told a Sound of Hope reporter. "We are getting a larger and larger supply of organs, but you have to grasp the opportunity. Do you know what I mean? After this period of time, the supply will become very slim."
The doctors also told Sound of Hope that the organs were from "very healthy living human beings," most of who were in their 20's or 30's. (audio / transcript)
During an earlier round of phone interviews conducted last week by undercover reporters, doctors in hospitals across eight provinces in China confirmed that organs for their transplant operations were from live Falun Gong practitioners. Many confirmed that transplant operations had accelerated to a frantic pace.
"Let's be clear on what's happening here," says Mr. Erping Zhang, a spokesperson for the Falun Dafa Information Center, "Falun Gong practitioners are being killed in large groups both to provide a supply of lucrative organs as well as to kill any and all witnesses to the crimes. This is the Chinese Communist Party's 'final solution' for Falun Gong."
|© Copyright 2002-2007 AFAR|