|Home > South Asia >
25 dead, 390 hurt in Istanbul blasts
Istanbul: At least 25 people were killed and 390 injured in two huge bomb blasts that targeted British interests in Istanbul on Thursday, Turkish news agency reported, quoting the city's health department. Diplomats here said at least 10 people died in the British consulate and it was feared that consul-general Roger Short was among them. In London, a spokeswoman for the banking giant HSBC said there had been a number of fatalities among HSBC employees at its offices in Istanbul, but she could not say how many people were dead. The bank also announced to close all its Turkish branches for security reasons after the bombing.
|© Copyright 2002-2007 AFAR|